Fri, 06 Oct|
Introduction to Aerial Yoga Retreat
Learn and experience the many benefits of Aerial Yoga
Time & Location
06 Oct, 18:00 – 08 Oct, 16:30
Ballinaboola, Kilscanlan, Ballinaboola, Co. Wexford, Y35 C596, Ireland
About the event
Spend a weekend with us in our beautiful studio in rural Wexford to experience the full benefits and versatility of practicing Aerial Yoga.
During this retreat style weekend you will experience a variety of aerial yoga practices using both the Aerial Yoga Swing and the Aerial Yoga Hammock. You will have the opportunity to try full inversions and flow classes as well as deeply rejuvenating yin and restorative classes. You will also get to experience the feeling of deep relaxation in our blissful, floating yoga nidra classes.
As part of this retreat you will receive informal lectures on the history of Aerial Yoga, the many options for setting up your own rig at home or in a studio and we'll discuss the many health benefits and also the contraindications to be aware of when praticing.
So whether are interested in teaching, practicing or just curious about Aerial Yoga this is going to be the perfect weekend for you.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Limited Accommodation is available to stay at Ashgrove on Friday & Saturday night. It is not included in this ticket price. Please contact Tania directly to discuss accommodation options and prices if you would like to stay. There is also local accommodation available within 5 minutes walk from the studio which you can book yourself seperately.
Main meals are also not included for this weekend. There will be tea making facilities and light snacks only included. There is a small fridge available for your use if you would like to bring a few items with you. There is also a hotel & garage with takeaway & deli selling food, along with a coffee dock within 5 minutes walk of the studio.
Aerial Yoga Tips:
- Do not eat for approx 3 hours before a morning session (have an early breakfast) or if you do need something then choose a light snack that is easily digestible and have it as early as you can. This will help your performance and reduce the risk of feeling nauseous while training.
- Wear comfortable but slim fitting clothing.
- Limit or remove jewellery.
- Bring a bottle of water and your yoga mat, if you would prefer to use your own or would like to double up. However, mats will be provided by the studio.
- Limit or preferably no alcohol during the weekend especially if you haven't done inversions before. Hanging upside down with a hangover is not advised.
Cautions: This Retreat may not be suitable for you if you are at risk of the following:
- Heart Conditions
- High or Low Blood Pressure
- Risk or history of stroke
- Head or neck injuries/conditions
- Veritigo/ Motion Sickness
It may be possible for you to do the Retreat without participating in the inversions in some circumstances. Please check with your doctor/consultant and with Tania before booking.
This is an approximate schedule for the weekend:
- Friday 6pm - Welcoming Circle, Discussion on the history of Aerial Yoga
- Friday 7pm - Guided Floating Meditation & Floating Yoga Nidra.
- Saturday - 9am - Guided Meditation & Journalling
- Saturday - 10am - Tea Break
- Saturday - 10:30 - Aerial Yoga Swing Practice
- Saturday - 12pm - Lunch Break - Free Time
- Saturday - 2pm - Discussion on benefits & contraindications of practicing Aerial Yoga
- Saturday - 3pm - Low Aerial Yoga Hammock Practice
- Saturday - 4:30pm - Break for Dinner - Free Time
- Saturday - 7pm - Floating Yoga Nidra
- Sunday - 9am - Guided Meditation & Journalling
- Sunday - 10am - Tea Break
- Sunday - 10:30am - Aerial Yoga Hammock Practice
- Sunday - 12pm - Lunch Break - Free Time
- Sunday - 2pm - Discussion on setting up your own rigging
- Sunday - 3pm - Aerial Yin & Restorative with Yoga Nidra
- Sunday - 4:30pm - Closing
At the end of this weekend you should have a clear understanding of the many options and the benefits of bringing Aerial Yoga into your practice.
Click the link to here more from me (Tania Murphy) Introduction to Aerial Yoga Retreat
Intro to Aerial Yoga
This ticket does not include food & accommodation. Light snacks & tea will be provided only. Refunds subject to 36 hours notice.€295.00+€7.38 service fee