Tue, 17 Oct|
Hanumanasana - Splits Class
A specialised mat based class, delving deeper into the hip flexors and hamstrings as we journey towards Hanumanasana
Time & Location
17 Oct, 19:30 – 21:00
Ballinaboola, Kilscanlan, Ballinaboola, Co. Wexford, Y35 C596, Ireland
About the event
Join us as we delve deeper into the hip flexors and hamstrings on a journey towards hanumanasana - splits.
Tania will guide you through a specific sequence of hatha yoga asana to help you to gain more insight and knowledge into how to move closer towards the full expression of this challenging pose.
Hanumanasana is also known as monkey pose or front facing splits. It is named after Lord Hanuman, the Hindu Monkey God, hence the reason it is also known as monkey pose. It was written that Hanuman took a gigantic leap in the sanksrit epic The Ramayana. Hanuman expressed great courage, strength and loyalty when taking that leap and Hanumananasa - front facing splits, requires that same courage, strength and loyalty in order to acheive it.
Physically it is a very challenging pose and the full expression can take a lot of dedication (loyalty to oneself and to ones practice). It may even be unacheivable for many BUT the physical benefits of working towards this iconic yoga asana can be felt by all, no matter what level you are at.
The physical benefits include
- Improved flexibility in the hips & thighs - stretches the hip flexors, groin & psoas musles
- Releases tension & improves leg flexibility - stretches the quadicep muscles
- Letting go of built up emotions - giving a sense of peace and freedom of movement
- Better circulation - creating more space in the groin, pelvic area & lower abs - helping to improve flow of fluids benefits fertility and digestive issues
- Can help improve sciatica if practiced mindfully and correctly in order to release tension in the lower back, hips and hamstrings
- Increased energy, self awareness and self exceptance as we learn to explore & challenge, yet honor our own uniqueness in body and in mind.
As always if you have any questions or queries please contact Tania to discuss.
90 minute specialised class.€20.00+€0.50 service fee