Sat, 17 Jun|
Beginner Friendly Aerial Yoga Workshop
Take your practice to the air!
Time & Location
17 Jun, 10:00 – 12:00
Ballinaboola, Kilscanlan, Ballinaboola, Co. Wexford, Y35 C596, Ireland
About the event
This workshop is the perfect introduction to taking your practice into the air and is suitable for complete beginners.
- You'll learn how versitile the aerial yoga hammock is and how it can enhance your practice.
- We'll start the workshop with a guided meditation and pranayama (breathwork) practice using the hammock low to the ground.
- We will move through grounding low flow, yin and restorative asanas using the support of the hammock.
- For the second stage of the workshop we'll take the hammock up to your hip height and build the intensity of the flow. Tania will demonstrate how to invert (go upside down) safely and will expertly guide you through the experience.
- Yoga nidra (relaxation) will end our practice, while floating, completely cocooned in a soft silk hammock.
- Throughout the workshop you will be encouraged to move and flow to your own level or pace.
Workshop numbers are small with a maximum of 6 people per workshop. This means you will have plently of contact time with Tania and will feel fully supported throughout the morning.
Some of the many benefits of Aerial Yoga
- Increased Strength and Flexibility - using your own body weight while supported by the hammock to build strength and to stretch that little bit deeper.
- Improve Back & Neck Pain - due to the decompression of the spine while inverting we create more space between the vetebra, allowing nutrients and energy to flow.
- Better Circulation & Digestion - due to the deeper stretching and inverting we improve the flow of energy around the body, creating more space and flushing out toxins.
- Improve Core Strength - although we are supported when balancing, the movement of the hammock means that we need to use more of our core stabilising muscles which in turn will improve your balance on the mat.
- Confidence & Mood Boosting - More challenging asana are more accessible to beginners, being able to invert and flow off the ground is a massive confidence boost.
- Improve Brain Function - Inverting means we increase the blood flow and nutrients to the brain, improving focus & clarity which results in our brain producing more endorphins! So inverting literally makes us happy!
- Aerial Yoga can be lower impact - moving and strengthening the body while decompressing joints using gravity and suspension.
- Decreased Anxiety & Depression - due to our brain producing more endorphins and also because when we invert gravity is reversed and we are forced to breathe more deeply into the lungs and diaphragm. This taps into the vagus nerve signalling us to move into the rest and digest response.
- Do not eat for approx 3 hours before this workshop, if you do need something then choose a light snack that is easily digestable and have it as early as you can. This will help your performance and reduce the risk of feeling nauseous while training.
- Wear comfortable but slim fitting clothing.
- Limit or remove jewellery.
- Bring a bottle of water and your yoga mat, if you would prefer to use your own or would like to double up. However, mats will be provided by the studio.
- Limit or no alcohol before the workshop is a good tip especially if you haven't done inversions before.
Cautions: This Workshop may not be suitable for you if you are at risk of the following:
- Heart Conditions
- High or Low Blood Pressure
- Risk or history of stroke
- Head or neck injuries/conditions
- Veritigo/ Motion Sickness
It may be possible for you to do the workshop without participating in the inversions in some circumstances. Please check with your consultant and with Tania before booking.
You may repeat this workshop as many times as you want to gain confidence and build strength however you will only receive 1 certificate.
By the end of the workshop you will have a clear understanding of the benefits of adding Aerial Yoga to your practice.
This workshop qualifies for 2 CPD for Yoga Alliance UK Registered Teachers. Please request a certificate from Tania after attendance.