Sun, 08 Oct|
Aerial Yoga Day Retreat
Fly, Flow, Float - A day to immerse yourself in the beautiful practice of Aerial Yoga
Time & Location
08 Oct 2023, 09:30 – 16:30
Ballinaboola, Kilscanlan, Ballinaboola, Co. Wexford, Y35 C596, Ireland
About the event
Join me for a beautiful day of Aerial Yoga. All levels are welcome and no experience is necessary.
An approximate schedule for the day:
- 9:30am - Arrival - Introductions - Informal discussion on the history of Aerial Yoga - Journaling - Floating guided meditation & pranayama.
- 10:30am - Break - Herbal Teas - Healthy Juice
- 11:00am - Aerial Yoga Practice - We'll flow using a big silk aerial yoga hammock - delving deep into creating space & balance in the body & mind - You'll be guided into full inversions (which will be optional) to fully experience full decompression of the spine - we'll end with a short floating savasana.
- 12:30pm - Lunch - A cold, vegetarian grazing lunch will be offered with a selection of crudities, cheeses, crackers & sweet treats.
- 13:30pm - Chill time, you can sit and chat or you are welcome to relax and take time out floating in a low hammock.
- 2:00pm - Aerial Yin & Restorative Yoga Practice - A lovely chilled grounded practice with deep passive stretches - releasing tension. Calming the body and mind to restore balance and to facilitate healing.
- 3:45pm - Floating Yoga Nidra - Deep Relaxation, Yoga Nidra while fully suspensed and floating in silk.
- 4:30pm - Close and home time
This will be a small initimate group with a max of 6 so if you would like to come please book early to avoid dissappointment.
Aerial Yoga Tips:
- Try not to eat for approx 3 hours before you arrive. Have an early, light, breakfast that is easily digestable. This will help your performance and reduce the risk of feeling nauseous while training.
- Wear comfortable but slim fitting clothing. Baggy t-shirts can end up over your head in inversions, so wear something that you can tuck in if you would like to avoid this.
- Limit or remove jewellery.
- Bring a bottle of water and your yoga mat, if you would prefer to use your own or would like to double up. However, mats will be provided by the studio.
- Limit or no alcohol the night before the retreat is a good tip especially if you haven't done inversions before. Hangovers are not recommended.
Cautions: This Retreat may not be suitable for you if you are at risk of the following:
- Heart Conditions
- High or Low Blood Pressure
- Risk or history of stroke
- Head or neck injuries/conditions
- Veritigo/ Motion Sickness
It may be possible for you to do the Retreat without participating in the inversions in some circumstances. Please check with your consultant and with Tania before booking.
If you are traveling and would like to stay at Ashgrove the night before, we currently have one double room, for single or couple occupancy, available with a shared bathroom for an additional fee. Please contact Tania to book.
- Ticket type
Day Retreat Full Fee
Full Fee - includes all refreshments & light lunchPrice€105.00
+€2.63 service fee+€2.63 service fee